Friday, January 15, 2010

Yesterday was not an exciting day. I had plans to do a little sewing but one of my BFF called just as I walked into the sewing room. Ginny and I talked for two hours. We always find something to say. We have been friends for about 55 years now and have both had two marriages and both naturally have children and grandchildren. We talk about everything and everyone. It is nice having a friend like her all these years. When I was younger I had a period of time when I was getting anxiety attacks and her house was one of the only homes that I would go to. She helped me through that period of time in my life. I love her like she was a sister. Funny thing her Mom didn't like me at first. She thought I was too wild. LOL As time went on, Ginny's mom and I hit it off just fine. Ginny's Dad was a gem. He was a wonderful father and had a lot of stories to tell.

As you have probably noticed that I talk about my brother Chuck (Charles Richard Triska) and not my brother John (John Francis Triska). John was 13 years older than I was so when I started kindergarten, he was graduating high school. I don't remember him being around a whole lot. He did sing all the time and played the Chocolate Soldier in the Operetta. I remember they were looking for him and he was hiding behind a curtain in the room and they were using their swords to move the drapes in the room. I started crying as I knew that they were using real swords and I though they were going to kill my brother. After John graduated from High School he enlisted in the Navy and ended up in the swamps spraying for mosquitoes with DDT. It is amazing that he lived to be almost 80 after using that chemical. The only thing that I remember about John when I was growing up is that he was too aggressive (Dawn can attest to that) and I stayed away from him. A lot of the pictures that I have of me and my brother John have me crying in them. After John got out of the Navy he went to Culver Stockton College where he met Rosemary and became engaged. Rosemary was from Winettka, Illinois. It didn't work out so they parted their ways. Soon after that John met Mary who was from Quincy, Illinois. They eventually married but more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment