Monday, January 11, 2010

A friend of mine in an email brought up a memory this morning. What a fun time I would have when I was in Florida. I had very interesting friends down there. My friends Karen and Marty owned a boat rental and they would rent pontoon boats. There rental was next to my friend, Pat's gift shop called Necessary Nonsense. We sometimes all got together for dinner. I would cook a meal that we could take out on the boat and someone would bring some wine and I would make whole made bread and we would go out on the inter coastal in the boat, a whole bunch of us and have supper and watch the sunset. We usually headed for Stumps Pass and would get out and walk the beach for awhile before we ate supper. There would me Pat, Karen, Marty, sometimes Terry, sometimes Bob and me. That is one of those times we called "the good ole days" Every once in awhile a great memory comes out of the blue.

The weather has been really cold for the past few days so I have been staying in the house. I have been doing a little cleaning and also working on my quilts. Yesterday I got together one of the quilt tops and it is ready to quilt. The quilt started out with me buying some squares of fabric from ebay years ago. I looked at the squares for quite awhile before I started sewing some of them together. I sewed a square with 4 small squares and then that wasn't big enough so I sewed white around them and that wasn't big enough. So I went into my scrap pile and went around the white with a printed color and then sashed it with white. I made the quilt into a daybed top but never quilted it. My ideas changed and I decided to rip it down to make 2 smaller quilts out of it. So that is what I was doing yesterday. Ripping it down and preparing it to make a smaller one. I have one ready to quilt and the other one will leave for awhile.

I am also working on my "Halloween quilt" that I would love to have done for this coming Halloween. I am embroidering 12 squares around the quilt with black in the center with 9 patch. If you are not a quilter you probably will not know what I am talking about. I have almost 7 of the squares done with 5 more to go before I work on the middle. Since I can't work on the sewing part long, I do a little each day.

Today we are supposed to have some flurries and then the weather should be warming up. I hope the snow disappears at least from the sidewalk and driveway. It can stay on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment