Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010

It took me awhile before I could figure out how to add more posts but as you can see "I found the area". It is a cold morning today. I heard on the news that in my area it is -20 wind chill. I am glad that I am staying home today. They also said that Florida had snow as far as Naples. When you live in Florida, when it gets cold you freeze your butt off. The heating elements in the air conditioners do not work like a furnace and the sliding doors are not sealed that well. If you are in Florida, Pile the blankets on and wear a bunch of sweathers.

Yesterday I got another of my UFO's done (Unfinished objects). I quilted and bound a quilt. Now I have two completed and I also ripped apart a quilt top that I had made for my daybed. I now have two quilts, one lap size and the other crib size. I will start to put it back together today and get it ready for quilting. I am getting old projects done one by one and hopefully have many of them done by June.

I love sewing and wish that I had more time and energy to do more. Yes, I know that I am retired but it seems that other things creep into my life and I don't get to do the things that I want to do. One of my friends last year gave me a stack of fabric that she had given to her. I am using this fabric to make quilts that I can give away to "Project Linus" and also looking for a senior's home to be able to give away lap quilts to seniors, (and I am fast approaching the senior catagory, Oops, think I am there, LOL). I also am making slippers for hopefully abusive women and children's shelters. I have a bunch crocheted and have some sewn ones done or half done or in the process of being sewed. Too many projects to do and as I said not enough energy or time.

Time to make the coffee and get on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment