Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday the start of a new week

It is the start of a new workweek for most people but for me the start of doing whatever I feel like. Today may be a sewing day and it may not be a sewing day. I have a friend in Florida that would always give me inspiration but she is in Florida and even an email from her doesn't give me the inspiration that I used to have years ago. The weather is getting cold again today and snow is expected but not too much or so the weather forecasters say. We are expecting under an inch of snow today with dropping temperatures. At this time of the year it seems that everyone is ready for warmer weather, at least when you live North.

So far today I do not know what I am going to do, the clothes are washed, the house is as clean as it is going to be. Maybe it is another day to walk into the sewing room and either sew or do a little straightening. Time will tell.

I don't think I talked about the Fourth of July in Hinsdale. When I was young there was always a parade in town and then from there would go to the park, I believe it was Madison School where they would have all kinds of races and contests for the kids. I remember my brother Chuck always going in the pie eating contest. I don't think he ever won but he got his share of pie eating for that day. In the evening we would all go to Madison School to sit on the hill and watch the fireworks. I always hated the ones that made a large bang. The fireworks were held there for many years, even took my babies to see them there but they had a mishap one year when it was damp and a firework didn't go up right and ended in the crowd and burned a bunch of people. Thankfully I wasn't there at the time. I was down the street at my sister-in-law Marian's parents house. Fourth of July was always a fun holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment