Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I had an offer from Quilt N Stitch today for a free web site for 3 months. I wish I had things made as I would love to have a web site and be able to make some extra money but I am afraid that after the 3 months the cost of the site would be too much money which I can't afford. So for now will put that on hold. The last few days have been kind of boring. I did some house cleaning but just couldn't get into sewing something. I did do some embroidering on my Halloween quilt and have the square I am working on almost done. I also remembered a cute story about my parents that happened while we lived in Hinsdale.

My Mom and Dad very seldom argued. If they did, we sure didn't know about it, but one time when I was about 6 or 7 or who knows maybe I was younger. My mom and dad were arguing about something and my Mom threaten to leave with me. She started to go to the car and my Dad raised the hood of the car and pulled some wires. He told my mom "You're not going anywhere". (I remember my Mom grabbing my hand to go to the car. After my Dad pulled the wires we went back in the house. What I found out later is the wires he pulled were car horn's wires. LOL

I also remember one Christmas with the whole family at the house, aunts, uncles and cousins. There was a noise at the front door and in walked Santa. Wow, I was so excited. Santa gave us all paper mache' boots with candy in them. When Santa left he forgot his bell that he was carrying so my Aunt Lill and I went after Santa to give him back his bell. Santa I found out many years later was my Aunt Mae.

I also remember a night when the whole family was around they had us kids sit on the floor and told us that they would give the one of us kids a quarter who could stay quiet the longest. I always fell asleep and never found out who ended up with the quarter. It should have been me.

I am sure that there are more memories of Hinsdale. That was a wonderful time in my life. Once we left there, things were not so much fun or at least that is how I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment