Thursday, March 18, 2010

Aunt Fran

Aunt Fran passed away a few weeks ago and will be buried tomorrow at Clarendon Hills Cemetary. What a great Aunt she was. She worked for Marshall Fields downtown, the original one on State Street. She was a detective or a floor walker. She watched for "shop lifters" and caught many of them. She also had great stories of the shop lifting episodes. I will miss those stories.

Aunt Fran also loved to dance. At any family function where there was a band, Aunt Fran wanted to jitterbug. She would drag you out on the floor and throw you around. She was always the leader and you would have to follow her steps. She was just a fun aunt.

She was good friends with my mom and really missed her until the day she died. Talking about my Mom would always bring a tear to her eye. When Uncle Ted was alive, Aunt Fran would always be bitching at him about something and she was usually right about the bitching. LOL They would bicker all the time, but they were a wonderful couple. My uncles eyes always twinkled. He always seemed to be full of the devil. I will miss my Aunt Fran and she was my favorite aunt. Some day I will meet her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment