Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Today is the Super Bowl. I haven't watched a football game in years. The year that the Bears were playing was a great year for Illinois. We all had parties and everyone was doing the Super Bowl Shuffle. I probably won't watch the game but will switch back and forth to see the commercials.

I went on a web site that had things that were happening on the day I was born. It said that "gas Masks" were classed as "wearing apparel". I don't ever remember anyone walking around with a gas mask on. LOL "DDT" was also used to fight bugs and later found out to be harmful to people. Maybe that is why I have lung disease along with the smoking I was doing. Everyone sprayed their gardens with DDT in those days and for many years to come. The new invention that year was the military helicopters. My first president was Franklin D. Roosevelt. Joe Lewis was the boxing champion. Bobby Riggs was the Wimbledon men's winner and he sure played for many years after that.

Judy Garland was the most popular singer and the movie of the year was "Gone With The Wind". Vivian Leigh won the Oscar for that movie. The the most popular song was "We'll Meet Again". That song I don't think I ever heard.

An average house cost was $8985, WOW. A car was $1328. I take one please. Gas was
$.15, bread $.09, flour $.04, a dozen eggs $.16, bacon $.26 and eggs $.16. Gas for the $1328 car was $.l5 a gallon. If those prices were now, I would be a rich person.

The other statistics were that my name Pat means Well-born and I was born on a Sunday. I am a Gemini and my birthstone is an emerald. My flower is Lily of the Valley which is one of my most favorite flowers. I can almost smell them now. I used to pick 2 or 3 bouquets at Teta Kubat's house every spring. My color is Saffron but I don't think I have ever had anything that color. It says that I am loyal, loving and energetic partner for whom romance is important. My relationships must be varied to interest me. Boy that is for sure. LOL It also says that I am imaginative, charming, quick-witted, and vivacious I guess that is enough trivia on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment